Friday, July 22, 2005

Kiss

I will not be blogging today because it is 1988, and nobody blogs. It's 1988, and the late Fall, and I'm on the second floor. I'm talking to the girl I have just started "going" with. She is the girl in her grade with the bad reputation. I am unconcerned that she is the girl in her grade with the bad reputation. She's my first girlfriend. My first real girlfriend. We talk and she comes up close, and she kisses me quick, on the lips. And it's the first time anyone's done that. She says bye. She goes home. I go to my locker. It was a little colder than I'd expected, you know? Her lips were mostly dry.

It's 1988 and I've just been kissed for the first time, and I will remember the way it feels forever, really I will. But, because it is 1988, no one blogs.

So I won't blog.

4 comments:

Tao Lin said...

i am also in 1988

i am a cat for halloween

and i look like a girl

wearing whiskers and i think make-up

because it came in the costume kit

and my mom bought it

because it doesn't make a difference to her if i am a female cat for halloween or not

and it was probably on sale at k-mart

just kidding

i actually like my mom

The Man Who Couldn't Blog said...

I like your mom, too. And I liked that costume.

We are all allowed our David Bowie Years. You just had yours early.

Anonymous said...

1988...
I am stuck in this year washing a car. My dad took a picture and it hangs at his desk at work. I was 3, and I was washing his car. He took a picture and now I am stuck in 1988 wearing pink overalls. Maybe he'll let me out one day.

Anonymous said...

THAT is why I am unable to blog.