Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sand

There's this font you may have heard of or seen, and it's called Sand.

Sand.

I hate Sand.

I hate Sand more than you could ever imagine.

There is a Spider-Man villian called Sand-Man. I like him.

When you put bread around something, it's a sandwich. I like sandwiches.

I hate Sand. I hate that font.

Sand pretends like its all handwritten. Sand has these, like, lines that get thicker and thinner, like a pen drew sand, and the wrist was sometimes strong, but maybe not all the time, and the pen pulled up from the paper a little.

Sand is sans serif. It's stupid and blunt, and it has dots over the "i"s and "j"s that are too big. Like, in an "ij" combo in another font, you see this elephant face, with two way too big eyes. the "i" line is a tusk. The "j" line is the trunk. The dots are eyes. Baby elephant face.

In Sand, though, the "j" is askew. And it changes the face. And the "i" dot is much too large. It's not an elephant. It's the Elephant Man.

Wait. Sand is the Elephant Man.



I'm sorry. I've reconsidered. When it's used for "ij", I love Sand. More than anything.

I'm too confused to blog.

**

There's a new blog linked. It's really good. Check through all the old posts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not intend to cause any offense nor to pull the wool off of any eyes nor even to illuminate basic human truths but I must say that for a man who cannot blog there is a lot of activity here that might be erroneously took as blogging by a layperson. That is all I intend to say.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Man Who Couldn't Blog,

I know exactly what you mean.

I hope you like my blog.

Anonymous said...

sand?

it will eat your brain.

alan said...

finally i think i'm beginning to undersand why you can't blog.