Tuesday, July 06, 2010

best of the web 2010

Today, we promote Best of the Web 2010. It's a fine book, and you should buy it!

Here's a full list of the contributors.

Here is a Large-Hearted Boy Book Notes from various contributors.

Here is a review by Jonathan Messinger.

***

Here is my cover of Ryan Manning's Sky Polaroids.









***

And now, back to Best of the Web 2010. My story, Caves (Lamination Colony) appears in it.

Caves features an apartment building with large glass windows that let people on the street see into the apartments. And the building is shaped like the set of The Hollywood Squares.

When I wrote about it, I was thinking about this building in Seattle:



There. Now you have a note on my process.

***

This song is featured in the story:



I like this Ink Spots song, too:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were a dinosaur, you'd be a Jerkasaurus Rex. From the Jerk-Ass Period.