Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunburn & Bloggers

UPDATE for New Yorkers:



***

For the first time EVER there are two titles for a post here on this blog. This is an important day. In honor of this important day, click here to learn the wop.

***

SUNBURN

I have sunburn.

I was in LA, at a short film festival, watching a movie made out of one of my old stories (a long story that I will tell some other time), and while I was there, I went to the beach and got sunburn.

I enjoy sunburn.

I don't enjoy serious, painful, horrible, peeling, can't sleep, can't sit down in a chair, I think I really hate myself and want to die sunburn. I enjoy a nice, moderate sunburn.

I like it when I put my lips on my arm at the line of my shirt, on my arm at the place where the sunburn has been halted by the fabric of my t-shirt, on my arm where I can run my lips down from light pink skin to deeper red skin, and feel heat. I like that I can pull my lips away, just a little bit away, from the hot, red skin, and feel a little more heat than usual radiating off it.

I like that if I move my arms, and my shirt rubs against the sunburned skin, I can feel a tender spot. A very tiny, prickly ache. I like that it's sort of like my arm saying hello to me. I like that it's like my arm is reminding me that it's there.

Thank you, sunburn. Thank you for connecting me to me.

While I was in LA, I met Ken Baumann. Ken Baumann doesn't have sunburn. It is entirely possible, though, that being in the presence of Ken Baumann gave me sunburn.

If this is the case, then I would like to say "Thank you," to Ken Baumann.

Thank you, Ken Baumann. Thank you for giving me sunburn. Thank you for connecting me to me.

Fire in My Bag has written a song about sunburn. It is called Burned. To listen to it, go to the band's Myspace page.

***

BLOGGERS

Lots of bloggers have written about other bloggers. There are links in the text below. I made all the text, even the links, black so you can read them. They are there, though. Click links:

Blake Butler writes about Mike Bushnell
Brandon Gorrell writes about Colin Bassett
Chris Killen writes about Ken Baumann
Colin Bassett writes about Chris Killen
Connor O'Brien writes about Tao Lin
Gena Mohwish writes about Sam Pink
Gene Morgan writes about Noah Cicero
Jereme Dean writes about Blake Butler
Jillian Clark writes about Kathryn Regina
Justin Rands writes about Matthew Savoca
Kathryn Regina writes about Kendra Malone
Ken Baumann writes about Jereme Dean
Matthew Savoca writes about Gena Mohwish
Mike Bushnell writes about Zachary German
Noah Cicero writes about Shane Jones
Sam Pink writes about Justin Rands
Shane Jones writes about Jillian Clark
Stephen Daniel Lewis writes about Two Tears Boy
Tao Lin writes about Gene Morgan
Two Tears Boy writes about Connor O'Brien
Zachary German writes about Stephen Daniel Lewis

Brandon organized this. Nice job, Brandon.

***

UPDATE:

There is information about a new chapbook from Happy Cobra Books on the Happy Cobra Books blog.

3 comments:

Brad Green said...

Hi. I thought I would stop by and say that. Hi, that is. Not the sentence after hi, or the one after that or this one or the one after this one, if indeed there is one after this one. Nice blog.

jereme said...

the sun is evil here

i fear it

congrats on the story/movie

Anonymous said...

Aloe Vera is used as a common treatment for sunburns. Not only it soothes the skin, it may also assist in the healing process. Apply to the affected areas as needed. Although the gel extracted directly from an aloe Vera plant works best.

Sunburn