Monday, July 14, 2008

OTE

I'm in the new issue of The Believer. So is Blake Butler. I wrote about Over the Edge, a radio show produced by the band Negativland.

Many years ago, I had a radio program on Iowa City Free Radio. It was a rip-off of Over the Edge.

This was my theme song:





I played two different versions at the same time, so to properly simulate what it was like listening to the beginning of my radio show, press play on both those videos at the same time. Sometimes, stop one or the other, because I did that, too.

I taped many of the shows. In the next couple of days, I'll try to put together some edited highlights of the shows and post them.

Blake Butler wrote about Jingle Babies, a holiday record made, apparently, by squeezing little babies.

1 comment:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

edited highlights would be awesome, there is so much over the edge i don't even know where to start