Monday, March 31, 2008

Ratpurse

Some people come to me and ask, Man Who Couldn't Blog, who should I vote for?

I tell them: Man Who Couldn't Blog is not actually my name. Sorry. It's actually just the name of this blog, and a sort of title of mine. I would prefer it, though, if you would address me in a much less formal way. I really would. It seems odd to me, in fact, that as long as we've known each other, you feel like you need to call me Man Who Couldn't Blog, instead of calling me by my name. I wonder, really, why you think you need to do that. Have I done something that makes you think you need to call me that instead of my name? Me? Is it something I said to you? Did I say something to offend you, or make you think that I was offended by something you said? Did I treat you in a formal manner that made you think I wanted you to reciprocate? Are we having a problem, the two of us? Do we need to sit down and talk about it? Over a cup of coffee? A beer? Is it the drinking? Do you think you need to talk to me very seriously about my drinking? Was I a little tipsy when I said the thing to you that made you think you needed to address me formally? Is this where our "thing" started? Do I need to track back through the way I've been acting lately? The nights recently? The drinks I've had? The time I've spent? Is that it? Is that why you don't feel comfortable using my name? I'm really sorry you feel that way.

And Obama. Hillary is running on the fact that she's the more cynical of the two candidates. Obama.

***



That's a rat turning into a purse and then turning back into a rat.

It's a transformer.

Or something.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Ken Baumann said...

Matthew Simmons,

You submitted something to NO POSIT. It was in my Spam folder. I accidentally deleted it.

Please resend your submission.

Thank you. Sorry.

Ken

Anonymous said...

been hanging out in pastoralia?