Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Gardening

I was on the street. I was walking down the sidewalk. Walking home. And I was at the corner of 80th and something. The corner with the light. You know the one.

At the corner of 80th and something, I was waiting for the chance to cross. I was waiting for the ambling white light guy. I looked at the cars who were waiting, too.

And you know who I saw? Ciscoe Morris! From TV. The guy who appears on all those Gardening with Ciscoe bits on the evening and weekend news broadcasts. That guy. I saw him in a car. I saw him waiting at the light. Just like me, only he was driving and I was walking.

And there he was. And do you know what he did? He reached up and dug into his mouth with a finger. He dug something out of his back teeth with a finger. Just reached up and went in. Where I could see him. I the semi-privacy of his car. I saw him do it. I saw him dig some sort of food thing out of his teeth.

I saw him.

And I forgive him. Ciscoe, I forgive you. I think it's okay for you to have that very human moment where I could see it. I think it's right on. I'm behind you. Dig away, if that's what you need. Be yourself, even though you're a guy on TV. That doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to be you, Ciscoe. So I say.

I forgive Ciscoe.

I can't seem to find the time to blog. You should forgive me, too.

No comments: