Saturday, September 24, 2005

Father

My father tried to teach me how to blog.

We woke up at 4am, because, he said, you have to get up really early in the morning to blog right.

We woke up at 4am, and we got together all the things we'd to blog.

My father gave me the stuff I'd need, and said that it used to belong to him. I would use his stuff for blogging, and he would use the stuff his father used to use to blog.

That's the way it's always been in our family, he told me. Two bloggers, father and son. Two sets of stuff. Father's and son's.

We loaded up the car and we drove out to the lake to blog.

We went out in the boat, and we spent the whole day blogging. We blogged all day.

I loved blogging with my father.

My father died, and I have no kids. I will never marry, and I will never have a son of my own, so the stuff sits in the closet.

No one will ever use it to blog.

3 comments:

aome said...

this may be a little forward, but i've already professed my love for you so you should have expected this...

i'll marry you, and then we can blog together :)

Tao Lin said...

you made me nostalgic for when me and my own father blogged together, which never happened

Tao Lin said...

reader of absurdist books; where are you?