Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Housefire

HOW WE WILL SLEEP (A Distribution of Duties) on Riley Michael Parker's HOUSEFIRE.

***

Keep tripping over it. You see it there? In the road? I keep running along and tripping over it. Jesus.

What was it, you think? Bird, maybe? Insect?

Probably this was once a houseplant, and someone just threw the fucker off of the roof, and it landed here, and it got run over, and here we are. Look, though? Is that green? Is that a leaf? Does it breathe? Are we standing in its light?

Does it need us? Can it vote? Might it fly a little? Will you break its back?

Am I tired? Is this me, all docile and free? Can the sky call? Can we save it?

Can we blog about it?

***

Blake's book is now for you.

***

I don't know what this is, but I think it might be important later.

***

No comments: