Tuesday, January 11, 2011

books and stuff

Four Books You Should've Read Last Year But Can Read This Year If You Want:

The Orange Eats Creeps by Grace Krilanovich

Forecast by Shya Scanlon

The Ask by Sam Lipsyte

How They Were Found by Matt Bell

Those were four of my favorites. You should go read them now.

***

Hey, so maybe live a little worse, yeah? I'm not saying go out there and go nuts or nothing. I'm just saying living a little worse. A little worse. Not a lot worse. A little worse. Everyone's always on about living a little better. Being a little better. What about the worse? Why not live a little worse? Just a little, though. No need to get crazy on the thing. But, sure. A little worse.

Hey, so maybe live a little less, yeah? I'm not saying go out there and end yourself way too early or anything. A little less is all. Maybe instead of spending all your time drawing back the curtain like you do now, maybe cinch the curtain up a bit and use it to hide a little more. Maybe get a little smaller, life-wise. It's probably easier to do than you think. Live a little less. Just a little, though. No need to get crazy on the thing. But, sure. A little less.

Hey, so maybe learn to blog. I mean, I can't. But sure. You can.

***

Books I've Read This Year (Ongoing)

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt
Toward You by Jim Krusoe

1 comment:

DJ Berndt said...

I just ordered Forecast after reading this. I've heard good things from other people, too.

Thanks for the recommendation.