Thursday, June 10, 2010

sky

You were asking earlier how the sky was doing, right?














Everything seems normal. I'll drop you a line if there are any changes.

Mostly, though, I'm just mad at it. You maybe don't really know what that's like, right? What it's like to be mad at the sky.

Someone's gotta be, don't they?

If not me, who will be mad at the sky? President Obama, maybe? I doubt he's going to be sufficiently mad at the sky. I mean, I feel like he's the sort of person who might mostly just be, like, disappointed in the sky. He might tell you that he's really disappointed in the sky, and because of that disappointment, maybe you'll get the sky to try harder.

Someone involved in this movie might have been mad at the sky:



but I think all those people are dead and can't be mad at the sky anymore.


Maybe you think God should be mad at the sky. God can only ever really be mad at herself. That does us no good, I'm afraid. No good at all.

So I'll do it. I'll take the weight. I can take the weight. I think I'll be okay with that. I'll be the one mad at the sky.

Because, I figure, fuck it. What else am I going to do.

***

1 comment:

Matt DeBenedictis said...

Be mad at that sky! Write it hate mail. Find what it loves and seduce it with pretty words and dashing skill.