Monday, March 29, 2010

Robison

I met Adam Robison years back, but I met him on the phone. On the phone, I talked to Adam Robison about life and love and all sorts of other unsightly, embarrassing things.

And then I hung up. I hung right on up on Adam Robison and I didn't look back. At the phone, I mean. I walked away from the phone and didn't look at it, because I had just talked to Adam Robison on it.

After that, I wrote a letter to Mathew Simon.

Dear Mr Simon,

Have you worked hard all these years? Is there something in the way of the door? Will Pluto ever become a planet again? Does this mean we no longer understand understanding? Where are you standing? Is it in in? Is it in out? Freedom means many things to many people. Does it mean any of those things to you?

Where do you stand? I mean, where do you really stand? Not where are you standing. Where do you stand?

I am for things. I am for socks. I am for raspberry bushes. I am for squirrels climbing up my window screens in the summer. I am for catching a fly in my fingertips. I am for buying new sunglasses and then losing those sunglasses.

Mr Simon, what about you?

Do you know Adam Robison? I know Adam Robison. I hung up on Adam Robison. Will you?

Matthew

***

Adam Robinson is featured on On Earth As It Is this week. Enjoy.

***



***



Owlbear



Other dangers

No comments: