Monday, October 12, 2009

Conor

I'd like to say that I haven't updated because I've had a lot of writing things going on lately. Mostly, though, I've been playing Fallout 3. And, actually, I'm right now thinking about going home and playing Fallout 3 tonight, too.

Sorry.

***

Happy Cobra Books is very happy to announce that it has published its second ebook. That book is a story called "Conor Oberst Sex." It's very good.

It is accompanied by an EP with music by my friend Michael Sanchez. The EP is called Music Is My Boyfriend. It's also very good.

Enjoy them both, please.

***

Last week, a review of my book A Jello Horse appeared in The Believer, one of my favorite magazines. I'm humbled. Thank you, Jim Ruland.

This is doubly exciting because the book is now BACK IN PRINT!

Also humbling: Michael Kimball, a brilliant writer, wrote my life on a postcard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you gotten to the "You've Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head" quest yet? That one was my personal favorite. It involves getting back at "bigots." I won't spoil anything for you, but you'd do well not to fully trust that zombie bastard. But you seem like a good judge of character, so that advice is unnecessary.

Ken Baumann said...

I love Fallout 3. I was obsessed.
Advice: Resist the temptation to start again once you've beaten it.

*

I read Conor Oberst Sxxx and enjoyed it. Kudos to all involved.

*

Congratulations! Belated, I know, but heartfelt. Really happy for you, and proud.

Justin Sirois said...

GREAT work on the Believer review, sir.

I'm a Fallout addict as well... or a recovering one. Here's a review I wrote way back when it came out:

http://secondarysound.blogspot.com/2008/10/fallout-review-copy.html

and

http://www.mamapop.com/mamapop/2008/10/fallout-3-revie.html