Monday, February 18, 2008

Slingshot

He's the scientist with his scientific weapons. With his death rays and his teleporter. With his cloning machine and his army of clones. With his x-ray spectacles and his jetpack.

He's the scientist with all his science.

And he's after me.

I'm just a kid and he wants my pituitary gland, apparently. It's his thing—finding kids, taking their pituitary glands, grinding them up, making a smoothie, drinking it down, living forever.

With his hyper-intelligent monkey and his portable time scrambler.

We're on an island far away from civilization. He's brought me here to kill me. To take my gland. To drink my youth. He's chasing after me, and I'm doing my best to hide.

I don't want him to get me. I don't want to die.

With his underground fortress and his nanotechnological tracking devices.

With his artificially intelligent wristwatch and his super-strength serum.

I'm hiding in the trees. I'm hiding high above him.

And he's looking for me. And he's removed his helmet.

His impenetrable helmet with its 360 degree vision, and infrared option.

Off is his helmet.

And I've got my slingshot. And a tiny little rock.

One good shot in his ear. One little rock in his ear. Just hard enough to knock his ass down.

And I'll jump from the trees. And I'll rip out his eyes. And I'll stomp on his neck. And I'll crack open his skull with a rock from the ground.

I can do it, too. I have very good aim.

Just one second more.

***

Theme/motif: Slingshots more useful than superscience.

This is part of a project. For more info, go here.

No comments: