Monday, October 29, 2007

Strip

I used to sit at a desk waiting for people to call me and order plastic stuff.

All sorts of plastic stuff. Cheap plastic stuff. Expensive plastic stuff.

I had a little script I read from. I asked people how to spell their names. I took credit card info.

I did almost all of it without any conscious involvement with what I was doing. I did this job for months and months and I worked long days. Lots of overtime. Lots of staring straight ahead.

So I drew.

For the next few weeks, I'm going to share some of the drawings.

This week, I'll show you the comic strip I made. It's called Leadfoot Louie's further Adventures in Pomona.

I have never been to Pomona.

I don't have a car, but when I did, I liked to drive too fast.

My skills as an artist are poor.

But what the heck.

No comments: