Monday, February 13, 2006

Browser

I have this brand new web browser. It's the latest one, the one everybody is clamoring to get. It's the newest thing in web surfing.

It brings you out to the site you want to see, and then it shows you the page from below.

Below!

It shows you everything on the page from directly underneath. Isn't that an interesting perspective? Below?

And what does a webpage look like from below? Flat, actually. Empty space, line, empty space, line, empty space, line.

"Be patient, for the world is broad and wide," said Friar Laurence to Romeo. And Edwin Abbott used that as an epigram for Flatland.

Be patient, for the World Wide Web is broad and wide, and when seen from underneath, quite strange.

But, see, because I can only see the web from underneath, I cannot blog. I do not trust my ability to fill out the blogging post with perfect spelling. And I cannot check it. So, I cannot blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For 'a man who can't blog' you don't half make me laugh! Great blog! :)

alan said...

i find many things are strange when seen from underneath.

rattus said...

Have you ever seen yourself from underneath? -- Don't!