Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Entries

Here are some contest entries. You still have five or so days to enter the pinball contest.

First, this would be my entry, if I could enter. I, however, am not eligible.



Next, one from Ken Baumann that makes him look like a member of Shields and Yarnell.



Here's a fine entry from Sabra Embury. She also sent a video.



Finally, here's an entry from my friend Amy.



Entries are for this contest. The prize is a hardcover copy of my novella, A Jello Horse.



Each entry has been given a number. The number corresponds to the number of chances (slips of paper with the entrant's name on it) that the entrant has to win. Everyone gets one for entering. Additional chances are subjectively assigned based on how much I like the image. (Or song. Three people have submitted covers of Lonnie Irving's song Pinball Machine.)

For example: Amy gets one for entering. Amy gets another for playing pinball at work when she could get in trouble for playing pinball instead of working. Amy gets one for the shoes, which are pointy. Amy gets one for the photograph of the drowning child. Amy has four chances.

And just so you know the extent of the competition, this is the entry from my friend Eli, who is mentioned in the original post about this contest.



Eli does not fuck around, people. Eli came to play.

6 comments:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

damn it i can not find a pinball and that woman did online pinball already boooooooo on me

Amy Minton said...

If Eli had showed up to win, he would have showed up naked.

Adam R said...

Dang, Eli did nice work. Go Cubs?

Sabra Embury said...

Embury! There's a EWE.

I'm not mad.

The Man Who Couldn't Blog said...

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Updated, and tag added to atone.

Sabra Embury said...

Pretty cool, dude. The giant pink torses will sit back now and continue to lick themselves because of chocolate.