Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Way

Someone's in the way of my blog so I can't blog. Someone is blocking me. Someone's in the way.

I can't get to my blog, and I can't get the person who is in the way to push off, or to scooch over or anything, and now I can't get to my blog and I can't blog.

Someone's in the way.

That someone is playing the flute.

In fact, that someone who is standing there, in front of my blog, making it impossible for me to blog, is Eric Dolphy.

No, really. Eric Dolphy is blocking my blog.

I love Eric Dolphy. I can't just shove him. People keep calling me up on my telephone. They keep calling me up and asking if I'm blogging, and I say I can't because someone is in the way, and they tell me to shove him out of the way.

(Why do they all assume it's a him? I mean, it is a him, but why do they all have to go and assume? I don't get that.)

I can't shove him, I tell them. It's Eric Dolphy. I can't just shove Eric Dolphy.

Can I?

Eric Dolphy is playing his flute right now, making little bird calls, and then improvising on the melodies.

How could I shove him after that? How can I shove him while he plays bird songs? It's like, any second now, a bunch of birds are going to break through the window and land on his shoulders. And they'll pick him up, and carry him out the window. He'll keep playing, and birds will carry him off.

Then, maybe I'll be able to get to the blog.

**

The amazing Mike Topp now has a blog. You should spend most of your time reading Mike Topp.

3 comments:

alan said...

That Mike Topp has a nice suit hasn't he?

The Man Who Couldn't Blog said...

it's a beautiful suit...

Dan Schierl said...

so what the hell is this i hear about someone making a film of "Ask the Dust"?

CGI Los Angeles? that doesn't sound right...