Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Houses

A short excerpt from my "novel" is up on at Alice Blue Review.

Also in the Alice Blue Review and really good: Joseph Young. Kathy Fish. Sasha Fletcher. The mighty, mighty Matt Bell. Others, too. Lots of good stuff.

But I'd like to say how particularly happy I am to see a piece by Ofelia Hunt. I love a lot of the Bear Parade books, but Ofelia's, I think, is my very favorite. It's called My Eventual Bloodless Coup. I think Ofelia is incredibly talented and I'm happy to see she has a novel coming this fall.

Here is a link to her blog, even though she hasn't updated it since June of 2008.

***

We have always lived in these houses.

We have always slept in these beds.

We are forever going from room to room.

We are forever finding new closets in which to put our winter coats.

We have always lived in these houses.

We have.

You have always lived on the streets outside our houses.

You have always looked in our windows.

You will fog the windows with your breath.

We leave notes under the welcome mat.

Do you read them?

We wonder.

We will tell the others.

We will warn the others.

We will raise a cry.

1 comment:

sasha fletcher said...

my eventual bloodless coup is incredible. the only thing near it is small pale humans. both of those books were real important to and for me.